Information about the services and products of Hampton Securities is intended for use only in jurisdictions where their use or sale is legal, or where Hampton Securities is a registrant.
Terms & Conditions
- Solicitation. Nothing on the site shall be construed as an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any securities. Hampton or affiliated companies or persons may participate in an underwriting of, have a position in, or make a market in, the securities mentioned herein, including options, futures or other derivative instruments thereon, and may, as principal or agent, buy and sell such products.
- Use of Information. You hereby agree that you shall not use any information contained in this Site or the links to this Site in any claims, proceedings, suits or actions against Hampton, or its affiliates.
- No Warranty or Representation. While Hampton Securities Ltd. & its affiliates (“Hampton”) uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Hampton web site (the “Site”), your use and browsing of the Site is completely at your own risk. Nothing in the Site shall add to or change any contract or relationship you may have with Hampton, or its affiliates. Neither Hampton, its affiliates nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or other damages whatsoever, including business interruption, loss of use, data, information, profits (regardless of the form of action, including but not limited to contract, negligence or other tortuous acts) arising out of or in connection with your access or use of the Site, even if Hampton has been advised of or foresees the possibility of any damages occurring. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you “as is” without representation, warranty or condition of any kind, either express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, implied representations, conditions of sale, suitability, title, or non-infringement of intellectual property rights. Changes or updates to the content of this Site may occur without notice.
- Linkage. The sites linked to this Site are not under the control of Hampton and Hampton is not responsible for and makes no representations, warranties or conditions concerning the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. It is your responsibility to verify any information contained within the links before relying on it. Also, the information contained in the links may be changed or updated at any time without notice. Hampton provides links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by Hampton of the linked site. Your use of the linked sites may be subject to terms and conditions contained in these web sites, which you should locate and carefully review.
- Monitoring. Hampton is under no obligation to monitor the Site and assumes no responsibility or liability should its consent be modified or altered in any way without Hampton’s consent.
- Revisions. Hampton may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You should therefore review these Terms and Conditions each time your access the Site.
- Copyright. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used without the written permission of Hampton, except for not-commercial use provided that you do not modify the content and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the content. You may not copy or display for redistribution to third parties or for commercial purpose any portion of the content.
- Trademarks. The trademarks, logos, service marks and other names, logos and icons identifying products and services (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site, are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Hampton and others.
- Consent. You hereby authorize Hampton to collect and retain all relevant information relating to your use of the Site. You further authorize any third party to provide Hampton with such information.
- Damage. Hampton assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing on the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, or images from the Site.
- Right of Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Hampton, its suppliers, employees, affiliates and related companies harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees related to any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you, or in connection with your use of the Site or with the placement or transmission of any message or information on the Site by you.
- Waiver. Hampton’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or rights contained in these Terms and Conditions.
- Governing Laws. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada, applicable therein, and you agree to be bound by the laws of these jurisdictions.
Best Execution Disclosure Statement
Best Execution Disclosure
With the emergence of multiple competitive marketplaces in Canada, Hampton Securities Limited (“Hampton”) prepared this policy to inform its clients of the conditions and activities that could affect them in this trading environment.
Best Execution Changes
Hampton has partnered with IRESS Financial Services Software using their trading software to route equity orders across multiple markets, monitor and manage risk, access end-to-end multi-asset trading support, and deliver better performance. IRESS best market router (BMR) is designed to ensure order protection rules have been protected and New Plain Language, IIROC Rule 3100- Part C on best execution policies have been preserved.
HSL Best Execution Public Disclosure Statement
For clients who do not have access to the online Best Execution public disclosure statement, a hardcopy version is available upon request. All clients who request a hardcopy version, will be placed on a distribution list and will receive updates to this Best Execution public disclosure statement within 90 days of the update.
If you have a complaint about misconduct on the part of any Hampton staff we ask that you send us a letter describing your complaint. You may also make a verbal complaint. In either case we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint within 5 days of receipt and will respond to you within 90 days.
Please address any letters or enquirers to the Chief Compliance Officer at our address located at ‘Contact Us’.